AMERICAN OKINAWAN KARATE ACADEMY
Conveniently Located at
SUMMIT ON THE PARK
46000 SUMMIT PARKWAY
CANTON, MICHIGAN 48188
|6:30 - 7:30 pm
||7:30 - 8:30 pm
||6:00 - 7:00 pm|
|Mon. & Thurs.
||Mon. & Thurs.
VISIT OR STOP IN FOR A PRACTICE SESSION
Feel free to visit our classes during the above time schedules to observe our current students in training. Bring your children to show them what they will be involved in and have them sit in with the class for the day for a free practice session.
At the American Okinawan Karate Academy, we practice Isshinryu Karate which consists of natural body movements. We are committed to providing the finest quality martial arts instruction to each & every student. Through practice and guidance from expert black belt instructors with over 80 years of combined experience, each of our students will advance at his or her own pace. The highest priority of each instructor is to help students develop self confidence, mental focus and coordination along with self-defense, physical fitness and many other personal development goals. While learning basic movements that evolve into more complex combinations, our students develop a harmony of body and mind. In addition to producing fluid and precise movements, this harmony will also prepare the student to master more advanced combinations and forms referred to as Kata. This basic training approach has been the stable teaching method in the martial arts for centuries.
Why Isshinryu Karate?
Isshinryu's main objective is the perfection of oneself through both physical and mental developments. While our students learn the art of self-defense, they also acquire self-confidence, serenity and the ability to concentrate. Isshinryu Karate combines a well-rounded exercise program with some important advantages over other styles: including:
1. Isshinryu kicks and punches are thrown from natural stances, eliminating wasted motions and giving split-second advantages over opponents.
2. Isshinryu stresses proficiency with both hand and foot techniques, making it the most versatile form of karate.
3. Isshinryu is the most realistic style of Karate, stressing "close-in" techniques necessary for "street fighting" where you do not have time for elaborate time consuming wind-ups of other styles.
4. Isshinryu is the most sensible form of karate, with snap-punch and snap-kick techniques that permit you to move in and out quickly without committing yourself to a disadvantaged position should you miss or misjudge.
5. Isshinryu karate is more adaptable to the American physique than more rigid styles because the Okinawan Master designed it to follow natural body movements.
6. Isshinryu will put you in better physical shape because it provides you with an aggressive exercise program that will improve your muscle tone, speed, suppleness, and mind.
7. Isshinryu may help you in your schoolwork or job since the physical and mental conditioning provides you with an opportunity to "wind down" from daily tensions and frustrations.
Location: Gymnasium (West End)
Please check with the Summit Personnel desk for Fees.
Registration. (Session lengths may vary due to holidays)
“CLASSES ARE YEAR ROUND”